This tutorial will teach you how to setup the server side configuration for the launcher.
Important: Once the project has been completed, you will receive a package. This package contains all the important files for the launcher and your launcher.exe.
- Step 1 - download and extract the package that was sent to you.
- Step 2 - Upload all files to your host url / update server url.
DO NOT UPLOAD: Hash Builder.exe, Read Me.lnk, Scan Results.lnk, Makrotek Launcher Setup Guide.pdf
- Step 3 - Start your Launcher and check if you dont receive errors.
If you receive errors, check /logs/ folder.
- Licensing error - This error occurs when licensing server is down due to maintenance.
Another possibility is that you requested an update for your launcher. The old launcher version will also receive Licensing error.
Lastly, one of the cause of this is due to your license expiration because of fraud or refund.
- Module Name: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found..
This error simply means that the launcher was not able to find the XML Files. This also means that you have not uploaded the XML files or the launcher cant connect to your website or host / patch server.
List of module name: Slider, Translation, Update, Filecheck, Carousel
- The remote name could not be resolved: 'host / update server url'.
Your website is down and cannot be accessed.
Other errors that were not listed, please send a message to our support team.